Architect: Nagle Hartray
Address: 1407 E. 60th St.
In 2011, the Chicago Theological Seminary partnered with the University of Chicago to construct its new state-of-the-art home on the south edge of the University campus. The 78,000-square-foot, four-story seminary was designed with a commitment to environmental sustainability and is LEED-Gold certified. Its most prominent feature is a lantern-topped square tower, which echoes the parish church tower of Boston Stump in Essex County, England.