International House


International House

Completed: 1932
Architect: Holabird & Root
Address: 1414 E. 59th St.
Google Map


Inspired by a diverse selection of styles including Gothic, Art Deco, and Colonial Revival, International House is the result of a New York YMCA official’s concerns for international students at Columbia University. In response, John D. Rockefeller Jr. funded an International House at Columbia and another in 1931 at the University of Chicago.